Two hours and 15 minutes after riding on the Eurostar train from London St.Pancras with our journey under the English Channel we found ourselves arriving into an enormous train station known as Gare due Nord. What a wonder of engineering and diplomacy two countries at war for hundreds of years now have regular train service via the longest undersea rail tunnel in the world.
Places to visit in Paris:
- The Louvre – The Mona Lisa, I’m still unsure why so many people are captivated by the painting. Another must see is “exhibit” is Napoleon III Apartments located in the Lourve.
- The Musee d’Orsay – Houses a number of impressionist and realist paintings, perhaps the most famous painting housed is Starry Night by Van Gogh
- Musee de L’Orangerie – Here you’ll find Claude Monet’s Water Lilies
- The Eiffel Tower – For students between 16-24 it is just 3.50 Euros to go to the 2nd floor of the tower
- Taking a River Boat tour of the Seine at night is completely worth it
- Visiting Versailles a short train ride from Paris, the gardens and castle make it worth while