I went hiking in Redwood Regional Park in Oakland. It was pretty nice.
At first, it looked like changing my drum brakes would be a daunting task. But after studying the repair manual and watching some youtube videos of people disassembling and re-assembling their drum brakes.
This requires three steps, removing the brake drum, disassembling the shoe and then re-assembling the new shoe and the brake drum.
Removing the brake drum is relatively easy on my car this required just removing the wheel and then pulling off the brake drum. Then disassembling the shoe required removing several springs, the brake shoe adjuster, and the operating level. The hardest part of the process was removing one shoe pad on each brake that is attached to the operating lever from the C-clamp. The operating lever attached the pad to the backing plate. Luckily, I had a friend to help me remove the c-clamp. Afterward, I cleaned down the backing plate with WD-40.
Re-assembling, required attaching the C-clamp to operating level to attach it to the brake pad. Then replacing the other parts required for properly assembly in order. I adjusted the brakes using the brake shoe adjuster to ensure that wheel stops after 1 rotation.
After trying to make due with installing GitBash on my Windows machine. I just found it so inconvenient not having a native bash shell. Even though there is bash for Windows in version 10. I still find it inferior to the Apple Terminal.
I’ll also be getting a new Mac Book Pro for my company computer , so I’ll be able to do more development work.
Overall I’m pleased with my Mac Mini so far. It took about 10 minutes to setup out of the box and syncs with my iPhone and iPad. I was able to install Python and Flask from the terminal easily.
At a talk I attended, the speaker had only one slide that explained all the career advice he followed to become a VP. Now we can get rid of all those books providing career guidance.